• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

update on overwintered dorset (many flowers, no pods yet) and peach trin scorp & red morouga. I have one pod developing on my viper plant :onfire: but will wait a few days to get a pic of it.

abxOMoI3.jpg

acvwhZxH.jpg

***edit: have since pruned the "dog ear" type drooping leaves on the scorp

I'm glad I invested in an entry-level, single 4ft bulb, adjustable height, grow light. Allowed me to keep more overwinters alive. I had a douglah die when i tried to overwinter it w/o a light the winter before last.

can't wait to eat my first fresh pod of the season (might be that Viper pod I mentioned as the Dorset keeps dropping its flowers so far).

update on my Viper plant & Morich & Brain seedlings. The central stalk on the Viper plant originates from the major "Y" junction. Can't remember seeing explosive secondary growth of that magnitude.

abvJMYQo.jpg

acqXLA8W.jpg

my 3rd- 4th attempt at trying to grow a Morich plant (on left). I think I was not watering them enough. First time w/ Yellow Brain (coheed)
ackoHwJm.jpg

came home from work & noticed that one of my Viper pods is ripening. Only thing is, its turning yellow. Aren't they supposed to be red? I remember Leo in the U.K. said Vipers were hybrids/not stable yet but would that make some plants ripen to red & others to yellow? I do remember reading about one pepper that changed colors > once before maturing.

adqjz8NS.jpg

David the plants look awesome, I love the lush color I see in them … great to see that there is overwhelming beauty in the DC Metro area … maybe the politicians could benefit from your mad skills, hehe ;)

C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted really filling-out since I pruned-off the two horizontal brances last month. They were growing way out horizontally so I decided to try to get the plany more compact/bushy. Theres a stick tied to these plants in both pots because the winds get pretty rough out on the balcony. C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted on Right:

acwx9NTJ.jpg

Dot Com said:
came home from work & noticed that one of my Viper pods is ripening. Only thing is, its turning yellow. Aren't they supposed to be red? I remember Leo in the U.K. said Vipers were hybrids/not stable yet but would that make some plants ripen to red & others to yellow? I do remember reading about one pepper that changed colors > once before maturing.

adqjz8NS.jpg

How did this one taste?

its still on the plant. Still yellow too. I want to taste it before it falls off. The other pod just started changing to yellow as well. I got the canned whip cream for when its taste test time :fireball: I eat some or all then wait 5 mins before using any dairy products to cool-off.

Looks like it will be the 1st taste test as the Douglah has put out around 10 flowers but no pods yet. I tried douglah last season & they are plenty hot for me.

Just harvested one of my Viper pods to taste test. Smells 7-pottish. You can see it has bumpy skin like a Brain too. Is yellow when I thought maybe it was supposed to be red although i understand its a hybrid so...??? Not too oily on the inside. It is DEFINITELY a super-hot!!! Like putting crushed pepper in the mouth in that theres an immediate bang. Then the drool starts. Hic-upped a few times but not too many like I have w/ some other super hots. Still, this one's hot. Was afraid my lips or throat would swell-up like Neil, Leo, or Darth Naga has said theirs have.

So far, I'm ok. Been around 5 mins as well. Ate 1/2 of the pod. seems like backatha'throat hurts more than anywhere else ;) Lips are ok. Stomach has reacted but not in a bad way. Hot, but not as hot as i thought it might be. Supposed to be around 1,300,000+ Scoville? Granted, I'm not a n00b. grown up using Tabasco & I've eaten Douglah, Yellow 7-Pot, and a couple others so my tolerance is built up somewhat.

***been around ten minutes and my head is numb & ears feel funny but my eyes & nasal passages are fine. Ended up eating another 1/4 so that makes 3/4 of the pepper. This quarter had a big chunk of placenta as well. Its resting on the back of my throat too. My luck.

Eating the entire pepper in one bite would be a bit much for me w/ this one. Taste is good and got a nice endorphin high going right now.

ackrKsGI.jpg

abw1csgf.jpg

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

Back